CHESTERFIELD HIGH SCHOOL SIXTH FORM COLLEGE DRESS CODE
The students in Years 12 and 13 are role models for younger pupils and their standards of dress are an important part of the culture at Chesterfield High School. It is hoped that Sixth Form students will be proud of their professional appearance creating a positive image not just in school but also within the wider community. Furthermore, this dress code will prepare the students for a potential career where smart or formal attire is obligatory.
Students who choose not to adhere to the dress code outlined below will miss valuable lesson time.
ALL STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO WEAR EITHER A BLACK, GREY OR NAVY SUIT
- Full length trousers or knee length skirts to be fitted to the waist or tailored suit dresses
- A shirt of any pastel colour with a plain dark tie or a smart blouse with a collar of any subtle pastel colour – vest tops, t-shirts or tops revealing too much flesh are not permitted
- Black, dark navy or flesh coloured tights with skirts – patterned or fashion tights are not permitted
- Footwear should be formal and dark in colour with shoes no higher than 3 inches. Dark ankle boots can only be worn with trousers – no pumps, trainers, walking or knee length boots such as ‘UGG’ boots are permitted
- Dark coats are to be worn to and from school but are not to permitted within the school building – no denim, ‘hoodies’ or jackets with large logos are permitted
Hair and Jewellery
- Unconventional hair styles and extreme and unnatural hair colours are not acceptable. Hair styles are expected to be of a natural hair colour and hair length no shorter than a number 2. Any style that obscures the face is not permitted
- No facial jewellery allowed
- Strictly one pair of stud earrings
- Ear lobe stretchers are not permitted
- Tattoos must be covered
- A discreet amount of make-up may be worn
- All nails must be of a short length
Sixth Form Students are expected to exercise mature judgement in their choice of attire. The Headteacher has the final decision upon what is and is not suitable attire for the Sixth Form and students who arrive at school wearing items not permitted within the dress code will be asked to go home and change into suitable clothing.